Sunday, September 7, 2014

My Partner in Crime!

I love my mother Chandrama Anand. She becomes a part of all my ventures, foolish or wise, and supports me as if I could never be wrong. She is ready to travel with me wherever I get the urge to go to, often at very little notice, and enjoys every place we go to. She loves everything I cook and asks for second helpings with a twinkle in her eyes- no better compliment. She takes in my friends and becomes a part of their lives, accepting them as they are, with all their goodness and oddities.

She has taken this rootless me into her house and made me feel I belong right here. She was never lonely when she was living alone, but now makes me feel it was me she was waiting for to fill her life. She lets me look after her simply, accepting everything I do (or don't do) with grace, with no drama or discomfort. She accepts every gift I get her, big or small, and takes care of it as if it were the most precious thing in the world.

This special woman makes me feel special, something I never felt earlier. It's an art, I'm telling you.

No comments:

Post a Comment