Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Cheers!

Without doubt, this last year has been the happiest year of my rather long eventful life.

I live in a place that brings a smile to my face the moment I wake up and look outside, a dream come true. I live with my mother and daughter, a blessing I did not even have the guts to ask for. I spend my time the way I want to, a true privilege. I have new and old friends who love me like I have never been loved before, a gift I could not imagine would be mine at this age. I have met a person who inspires me, such a rare treasure. I continue to work but have no boss, a real deal if there's any. And I have a son who is thousands of miles away, yet my closest ally, best friend and pupil!

And all these gifts have changed me totally. For the first time in life, I do things for myself without guilt or shame. I feel beautiful. I feel entitled. I feel young. I laugh a lot. I break rules and fight for the freedom to do so. I talk and talk and talk. I cook. I dance. I love. I live.

To all those hard struggle-laden barren years, I say thank you. Thank you for giving me so little earlier that I can take in all this with gratitude now. Thank you for the rough bone-rattling journey that brought me to this place of restfulness. Thank you for the empty cup that is now brimming with all the good stuff.

Cheers! 49 times! 

4 comments:

  1. Bravo!

    There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.

    - Sophia Loren

    You have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy just short of half century!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never did have a boss Puja! You either had mentors, who worked with you, for you or you had people who gave you appraisal ratings!!! Bossing you around - not possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anand, I HAD a boss, who needed so much managing! That you don't think so is because I was working like a duck- swimming smoothly on the surface while paddling like mad under water!

      Delete