Saturday, August 11, 2012

Five Unforgettable Office Bloopers

Today, while writing a design document, I made a funny typo and was reminded of the crazy ones I have come across while at work. Here are the top five bloopers I have seen first hand at work- in storyboards, in emails and in IM chats.

The first one is not an uncommon mistake in e-learning storyboards and I have seen it a few times in my past life as a reviewer. The second one was the case of a spelling mistake in an email auto-corrected by MS Office. The sender of that official mail was a colleague who says she is still haunted by that episode! I was responsible for the third one in an IM chat with a young male colleague. No friends, it wasn't a Freudian slip- it was purely a case of fast mistyping because c and x are right next to each other on the keyboard. Since then, I have replaced the word sec with min in my IM vocabulary. The fourth one is also common in our e-learning world and sort of apt when you are creating training material for software applications that keep changing. The last one is precious. It happened in an internal email between two of my colleagues working on a proposal. He has never let her forget that typo.

Enjoy!

What it was supposed to be: Click on the button to learn more.
What it turned out to be: Lick on the button to learn more.
 Slurrp! 

What it was supposed to be: Sorry for the inconvenience.
What it turned out to be: Sorry for the incontinence.
Super urgent matter!

What it was supposed to be: Give me a sec.
What it turned out to be: Give me a sex.
Be subtle girl! 

What it was supposed to be: The screen shots will be updated later.
What it turned out to be: The screen shits will be updated later.
I can't wait! 

What it was supposed to be: Here are the screen counts.
What it turned out to be: Here are the screen cunts.
Hell they are everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment