Monday, September 17, 2012

Powered by Genes

The other day I was sharing with a friend how strange I sometimes feel because Atreya now looks so much like his father. I sometimes react to his mannerism simply because they remind me of his father- I am overcome with feelings that come rushing out from the past. It's the power of genes that a son's looks and even mannerism can be so similar to his father's who's not been a part of his life for 12 years!

It is not all in my mind. Last weekend, Aloka insisted on seeing Atreya's baby pictures. I took out the album, and pointing to the tiny baby, said "This is baby Atta". After that, she began pointing to the baby in every picture saying "Baby Atta". Then, on the fifth picture, she points to his father's photo and says "How come baby Atta has grown so big here?"

Point proven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment