Friday, February 14, 2014

Something Stirs

Something stirs within me
A strange joy I had forgotten about
That can't seem to decide
Which part of my body, or mind
Is fit for it.
I sit still.
I wander restlessly.

What are you, sweet thing?
And where were you all these years?
Why had you hidden so deep inside
That I could not remember even the memory of you?
If you are life
Then what was I living all these years?
If you are how it ends
Then why didn't you come earlier?

Something stirs within me
A strange joy I vaguely remember feeling as a child
That stops me from asking questions
About what is right and what is wrong
And what is the purpose of life.
I soak in it quietly.
I dance in it with abandon. 

1 comment:

  1. Ever green and ever fresh. Let it keep stirring and raising its head from time to time..
    Lets not question why, but lets live and conquer and not die !!

    ReplyDelete