Monday, November 17, 2014

A Minor Point?

You need to be in minority to understand what oppression truly feels like. Oppression of words/slurs, of violence, of having choices taken away. You have to have fought for your rights to understand how precious and delicate these rights are. You have to have felt the paralyzing fear of losing everything you held close to your heart to understand those who have lost.

I am so proud to be a minority because it makes me a better person, because it makes my blood boil when others are oppressed, because I have the capacity to empathize with people regardless of their religion, sex, or economic status.

And if you are wondering why I am a minority- it's because I am a woman. And not just that, I am an independent, happy, single woman! Truly a minority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment