Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I love the work I do!

I love the work I do. It brings me in contact with smart good people who I would otherwise never have a chance to interact with. It gives me a peek into the lives of people who want to learn what I have to teach, even without meeting them ever. It shows me that I am as good as the people I work with, regardless of the color of our skins. It makes me a world citizen even as I sit alone in front of my computer in my small village.

I love the work I do. It makes me stretch my limits to beyond what I would think possible. It awakens me to the power of the human mind, which can go deeper and deeper into something that seemed insurmountable at one point. It scares me and challenges me and then delights me. It shows me that there is scope of growth and improvement at any age. It makes me a more capable person even as I sit alone in front of my computer in my small village.

I love the work I do. It allows me to manage my life the way I want to. I wake up when I want to (err 4 am?), serve my family when I want to, play when I want to, and create when I want to. It allows me to act and grow without the shackles of power and politics. It makes me a wholesome person even as I sit alone in front of my computer in my small village.

And yes, it gives me money to be a little flippant, pamper my friends and family, employ who I need and travel to my heart's content. It makes me a more indulgent person even as I sit alone in front of my computer in my small village.

This is why I love the work I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment