Tuesday, April 24, 2018

What is Truth?

I used to believe
that truth is One
Unchallengeable
Unchangeable
Monolithic
Solid
Stolid
Anchored
Safe.

I used to see truth with my trusting eyes
Feel it as a strumming chord in my heart
Express it as a firm statement on my lips
Believe it as a conclusion that made sense.
In my simple life with its simple participants
I never came across a situation
when truth was contested.
Truth was truth
PERIOD.

Now it's all changed.
Truth isn't what really happened
But what is made out to be.
It is whatever someone says
and more so, whatever another accepts.
It is facts turned and twisted like plastic wire to any shape desired.
It is falsehood added at the end of a sentence- like a scorpion's tail
Hissing, ready to strike
POISONOUS.

Truth is no longer monolithic, unchallengeable
It is a war of words
Of who can cry louder
Of who has a more convincing narrative
Of who is more believable
Of who can tug harder at one's belief systems
Of who is more articulate
Of who is readier with responses.
Winning is EVERYTHING!

Did someone say- Truth will set you free?
Then how come I am a prisoner in its ugly hold? 

No comments:

Post a Comment