Wednesday, February 29, 2012

That Kind of Night

Last night, around 9 pm, we decided to go for a walk. Because I was too tired (from dancing like crazy in the dance class) to do our usual longish walk, Aloka, mom, Mallika, Anakin and I set out from the side gate towards Upper Thomson Road for a short stroll.

It was a lovely night- a clear skies, cool breeze, new moon type of night.

Aloka was jumping and skipping and chattering and being happy as only she knows how to. Mommy was keeping up with her by running and catching and copying her, as only she knows how to. The two, 70 years apart, are unbelievably close companions, playing and fighting as equals. Anakin was being assertive with Mallika, the only time in the whole day when he gives it a try, the poor hen-pecked boy.

As we turned back, I trailed behind, watching my sweet girl, my darling mom, my one-(wo)man support system Mallika and my loving Anakin against the backdrop of our majestic apartment building, thoughts of my brilliant resilient son not far from my mind.

Suddenly I felt swathed in a sense of calm and maybe pride. This is it. This, in a nutshell, is my life and all of its achievements. This is me. These are mine.

It was indeed a rare lovely night- a clear skies, cool breeze, new moon...and contentment... type of night!

1 comment:

  1. I too enjoyed that walk and felt so contented. There are so many things I love about this country. For instance , the majestic trees, and the perfumes wafting around me . Last but not the least, people eating and drinking,any time of the day.

    ReplyDelete