Sunday, October 28, 2012

Daimoku is key!

Went for morning gongyo and prayed on this 47th birthday of mine for the power that comes from pure faith, for that spark that has dimmed, and determined firmly to get it back.

On my way out, met Yvonne, my young NDP participant from 2009, who has been battling colon cancer for some time. I had visited her house a few months ago and chanted with a group of people for her health. Her two young boys were playing noisily amidst the loud chanting, while Aloka napped on the sofa. Yvonne had looked pale, drawn and scared that day and my heart broke just looking at her.

When she saw me today, she gave me a bright smile and said "Have you heard my news? I am cancer free! Never stop chanting. Daimoku is most important. Daimoku is key!"

No comments:

Post a Comment